- Apples at room temperature ripen six to 10 times faster than if they were refrigerated. The best apple storage temperature is around 40 degrees.
- Tart, Mild, or Sweet? Ginger Gold, Fuji and Gala are very sweet. Braeburn and Mutzu Crispin apples are sweet/tart. Cortland, Ida Red (best baking apple!) and MacIntosh are mild tart, while Gold Rush and Granny Smith apples are really tart.
- Rub cut apples with lemon juice to keep slices from turning brown.
- One apple yields about 1 cup, chopped finely.
- One pound of apples, cored and sliced yields about 4 ½ cups.
- One 9-inch pie requires about 2 pounds of apples.
- One pound of apples is about three medium-sized apples.
- Sauté diced apples with onions for a delicious addition to sandwiches, chutney, or any roasted meat. MORE ON THIS ONE LATER!!!!